Saturday, April 7, 2012

Wood Islands Lighthouse

     Today I found a 1976 issue of "The Eastern Graphic Magazine" at an antique shop - I never knew such a magazine existed.  There are many interesting articles within.
     The following is one of the stories that tells of George Stewart, keeper of the Wood Islands Lighthouse for 23 years.  Here are pages 10-12.
     The following is a photo I took of a heritage display.
     On March 10, 2008 this photo appeared in the Guardian Newspaper showing the moving of the Wood Islands Lighthouse - it had to be moved back from the cliff as shoreline erosion was threatening it going over the bank.
     I took the following photos during a visit in April that year to assist with some drawings I was preparing for site development at the lighthouse's new location - lots of mud!

1 comment: