The farmland down by the river has been divided in to 24 +/- cottage lots on the water - so far there hasn't been any construction.
Meacham's 1880 Atlas of Prince Edward Island shows this property being owned by Simon Delaney with 43-acres which went down to Hope River. In Cumin's 1928 Atlas of Prince Edward Island it shows Walter Reid with 93-acres here. The adjacent 50-acre property to the east, owned by Jno. Fleming in 1880, was amalgamated into the Reid property.
Meacham's 1880 Atlas also shows the property to the west of this farm was owned by John Dickieson with 145-acres down to Hope River as well - near the shore was a lime kiln. Today this would have been located across the water from Fisherman's Catch at Bayview Bridge.
Below: The barn was very large, built in a T-shape with gambrel roof.