Monday, October 28, 2013

Guernsey Cove Roadside Garage

     This is a great little weathered building on Rte. 18, the shore road, in Guernsey Cove.  A roadside garage from the days when folks parked their car close to the road so when the snowplow went by they didn't have alot of snow to shovel to get their car on to the road.  There were many, many of these around the countryside, however, today few are found.
     I recall being at my grandparents farm one time and in my mind's eye I can still see my grandfather, Roy McDowell in Knutsford, shoveling the big pile of snow in front of the garage doors.  I didn't offer to help, guess I was too young.
     See previous post about roadside garages.
http://peiheritagebuildings.blogspot.ca/2011/02/roadside-garages.html
 Above/Below: Northeast View.
 Above: North view.  Northumberland Strait in the background.
Above; Northwest View.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Nice blog. Thanks for Sharing with us. Check for Attractive Essex Garages by poulton portables in Essex.

    ReplyDelete