The house was originally owned by M.F. Schurman and located on Eustane Street - it was moved to the corner of Granville and Hanover Streets in 1907. Most of the homes in this area had been destroyed by the Great Fire of 1906. Mr. Schurman engaged "a small army of carpenters, masons and labourers to carry out the reconstruction". Mr. Schurman and his family lived here from 1908-1916. The house changed hands a few times until 1941 when Samuel and Linnie Beaton purchased the house and lived here for more than 40 years.
For more information refer to the historic places website...
Above/Below: West front of house, facing Granville Street.