Here are a few photos of the exterior.
Father Albin Arsenault has recently become Parish Priest here, having moved from St. John the Baptist Parish Church, Miscouche where he'd been priest since 2003.
The following information about this church comes from the book, "A Faith Works" by Rev. Art O'Shea.
"Fire in 1890 completely destroyed the first church but three years later the present handsome and spacious church opened its doors. Seating 1,000, it is the largest wooden church in the diocese. Stained glass windows of recent years have added to its beauty."
The following information comes the Historic Places website:
"The church is a fine example of the French Gothic style of architecture in PEI and is significant as a symbol and centre of the community's religious life. It was built in the late Victorian period (1891-1893) by Dunstan Martin who also constructed a similar church at Miscouche, PEI. The architect was Francois-Xavier Edouard Meloche of Montreal, PQ. It is also believed that Meloche's studio produced the interior paintings of the Stations of the Cross. A statue of the Virgin was placed in the exterior shorter front tower in 1893. The ornate high altar was created by Bernard Creamer of Souris, PEI and installed in 1903."