Here's a photo of the little catholic mission church on a side road in Glenwood ( between the Milo and West Point ). I'd never been here before.
The following information comes from Historic Places website...
The church is valued for its Gothic Revival design elements, for its association with the early Roman Catholic settlers of Glenwood, and for its contribution to the heritage character of the area. Parishioners originally worshipped in the local homes of "Big Philip" Stewart in West Point and Neil MacIsaac in Glenwood. The closest churches were located at Brae and Tignish. By the early 20th century, parishioners began raising funds through community picnics and other means to construct a new church in Glenwood. It would serve the spiritual needs of parishioners from the communities of Hebron, Milburn, Glenwood, Dunblane, West Point, Brae, O'Leary, and West Cape. By 1902, land was secured and the foundation and body of the current building was constructed by John MacIsaac. Other parishioners who assisted in the project included: Nicholas Bulger, David Stewart, Steve Stewart, Jim Stewart, Philip A. Stewart, Alexander Stewart, and James MacIsaac. The church was completed in 1905 and by 1913 was dedicated as "Corpus Christi" to serve as a mission church in the area. The interior of the church was completed in the 1930s by John Noble Ladner with the assistance of Harry Stewart among others. Over the years, the church has had several improvements including the addition of electric lights and improved heating. Several stained glass windows have been added in memory of former parishioners. New pews and the tabernacle were obtained from the former Canadian Forces Air Base chapel in Summerside. Today, the building is well maintained and is associated with St. Anthony's Parish in Bloomfield.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Also on our travel we went by this relatively recently abandoned home - the home of Horace Adams MacNevin. Horace was a bachelor and the last surviving son of Alan and Lulu (Adams) MacNevin. He died on January 1, 2013 at the age of 89. The old farmstead is located on the corner of Rte. 15 and the Beaton Road.