Saturday, May 6, 2017

Ross' Mill, Bridgetown

     I bought this 20"x16" photo of Ross' Sawmill from Moe's Auctioneering Service yesterday.
     I took these up-close images of the photo - appears to have just had a new board-n-batten roof.
     More than twenty years ago I was contacted by a family member ( who was born and raised in Boston ) about re-building a house to match the family home that was still standing at Ross's Mill - it was not restorable.   We documented the house and produced drawings. Below are photos I took that day of the house and barn - both have long since disappeared.
     The following information comes from www.islandlives.ca.
THOSE WERE THE DAYS: 
A history of the north side of the Boughton River. 
Page 68.  

1 comment:

  1. That is an awesome photo of Ross's Mill and home. I am one of the authors of the book you mention "Those Were The Days" I am teamed up with two other ladies and we are in the process of writing a book on the history of the communities of Bridgetown & Dundas as well as surrounding area. We would welcome any assistance with photos, stories etc. Please feel free to contact us. Thanks for posting!!! I spent a lot of time at that location. Linda Campbell

    ReplyDelete